While every MSP wants to turn prospects into clients, not every MSP knows how. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, “Only one in 100 IT firms think marketing first, but 100 out of 100 want more leads.”
If you’re tired of fumbling leads but aren’t sure how to turn it around and recover, here are a few simple factors to focus on:
- Your direct mail strategy: Defense wins championships, but even the best defenses are useless without a high-powered offense marching down the field. Direct mail is still very relevant in today’s marketing world, but, like other strategies, direct mail must be consistent. Send out content every week to your prospect list, offering specials, event invites, reports, and anything else to keep them interested.
- Your website: Your website must be setup to convert on 4th and long, which means there must be strategies in place to convert visitors into prospects. After all, that’s the sole purpose of your MSP website. If you’re not converting visitors into prospects, start employing strategies, such as:
- White papers
- Case studies/testimonials
- Relevant information for visitors
- Your SEO strategy: Here’s an obvious truth: Winning teams know how to dominate. You need a strategy to dominate Google search rankings and squeeze out competitors, stopping them from reaching the first page. How is this done? Lots of quality content and online involvement. If you’re not creating worthwhile content and staying involved online, you’re going to have a hard time placing on the first page and becoming a winning team.
- Your online activities: Are you actively using on a variety of social media platforms to enhance your business? If not, you’re missing out on a fantastic way to score points. Every successful business has a sound strategy on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media services to engage with the community and position their company as a sought-after expert in their field. Quit wasting time and get on social media. Your peers and competitors are already there.
- Your email marketing strategy: Teams that win championships over and over again do all the little things right—and never let the fear of annoying people with emails stop them from marketing their business. You must have an aggressive email marketing strategy that puts you in front of your prospects weekly. Make sure a continuous flow of engaging content is delivered once a week.
Also, replay my recent webinar with Intronis now to learn the seven critical plays to use so your MSP marketing performs like a true champion!
Stuart Crawford serves as Creative Director and MSP Marketing Coach with Williamsville, NY and Burlington, ON-based Ulistic, a specialty firm focused on information technology marketing and business development. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience pertaining to how technology business owners and IT firms can use marketing as a vehicle to obtain success.
If you would like to speak with Stuart in regard to your online marketing, social media or how to blog effectively, give him a call at 716.799.1999 ext 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.