… AVAILABILITY, BACKUP, & CONSULTATIVE VALUE.
A is for Availability: The (unattainable) goal is 100% uptime of the network – here are the questions you need to be ready to answer:
- Is the network up and running?
- Are the employees who work at your customers’ locations able to do their job effectively every day?
- Is the resilience of the customer’s network appropriate to their uptime requirements and budget? In other words, can they take a licking and keep on ticking affordably?
- Are you able to effectively measure uptime and do you have a methodology to report that performance to the appropriate decision makers at each customer location?
- Finally, can you prove your value on a quarterly basis – demonstrating how much their uptime increased as a result of your efforts?
B is for Backup (Data Protection and Restoration): You should be 100% certain that you will be able to retrieve your customer’s data in the event that it is lost.